Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cool Car Photo Database images

Forgotten
car photo database
Image by Denise ~*~
*************************************************************
Orphan Works Act

If you don’t register every photo and work of art in government certified private databases, you are about to give the legal right for anyone to infringe on your copyright.

“The Orphan Works Act of 2008”, (H.R. 5889) and the “Shawn Bentley Orphan Works Act of 2008” (S.2913), were released to the House of Representatives and the Senate recently. While at first glance the law seems to be a ‘last resort’ for a search for the owner of any photograph, artwork or sculpture, the devil, as they say, is in the details.

An “orphan”, as it relates to this legislation, is an original creative work such as a photograph, graphic image, or sculpture, which is still protected by its term of copyright, but the copyright holder can’t be found. Actually, this bill makes it easy for searchers to pretend it’s hard not to find copyright holders!

REGISTRIES WILL REMOVE YOUR COPYRIGHT PROTECTION!
CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATOR:
Go to www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml to quickly find the phone number, address, e-mail of every U.S. Senator, U.S. Representative, Governor and State Legislator. Please be polite. Threats only work against us artists. We need to make a professional impression to be taken seriously.

Make yourself be heard. Protect your creations. Every voice counts and so does your right to control your own creations. YOU NEED TO WRITE LETTERS NOW!

We only have a few days to make ourselves heard, as the Senate and House will only allow a short time for comments. Call them, send e-mails and fax letters.

excerpts from www.sellyourtvconceptnow.com/orphan.html

Please read up on this, become informed and based on that decision: NOTIFY YOUR CONGRESSMEN of your opinion!!!! You can tell them how you want them to vote! If enough people speak out against this, we are sure to make a difference! MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

This affects EVERYONE, not just professional photographers (I'm not one). You could lose copyright to your own personal snapshots as well.


DBA 599
car photo database
Image by jepoirrier
DBA599 is the plate number of the Austin Westminster that was next to Thích Quảng Đức in Saigon.

I couldn't resist to think DBA is also the acronym for database administrator.
Again in this mood about car plates ...


Dovre, Oppland, Norway
car photo database
Image by Swedish National Heritage Board
Dovrefjell Mountains in Norway. A Swedish Volvo PV on the way from Dombås to Hjerkinn.

Dovrefjäll i Norge. En svensk Volvo PV på väg från Dombås mot Hjerkinn.

Location: Dovre Municipality, Oppland fylke (county), Norway

Photograph by: Fredrik Bruno
Date: 24.07.1948
Format: Colour slide

Persistent URL: kmb.raa.se/cocoon/bild/show-image.html?id=16001000282186

Read more about the photo database (in english): www.kms.raa.se/cocoon/bild/about.html


60 MPH ... Backwards
car photo database
Image by jremsikjr
Update: See the redressed version of this car!

The project my Dad inherited from Ron Hahn. It saw action for the first time in approximately 10 years in the 6/30/2006 Back-up event at Columbus 151 Speedway. I finished fifth out of nine cars in the Wild & Crazy Back-up race.

What's a Wild & Crazy Back-up Race?

Glad you asked. It's "stock cars" like this one racing in reverse at speeds of near 60 MPH around a 1/4 mile asphalt oval.

As seen on TV:
* Ripley's Believe It or Not
* TNN's Raceday (The Nashville Network)
* ABC News with Peter Jennings


Eureka, I'm on Street View! And Google Street View Car is on my blog! :-) - Google took a shot of me on Elba Island beach!
car photo database
Image by Shots For Passion
From the post on www.shotsforpassion.com

Here is me on Google Street View, taking some photos of the Google Stret View Car, on the Enfola Beach, Elba Island, Italy.


I was waiting for it, I knew it was going to happen...
I kept checking for update on street view on Elba Island's roads: finally Google updated its databases.

And now I can say it: I'm on Street View!
And Google Street View Car is on my blog!
This is so meta... :-)

That morning we had just arrived at the Enfola beach, on the Island of Elba, Italy.
I was walking to my car to get something that I had forgotten ... and then I saw a Google Street View Car maneuvering to turn back.
Of course I always have my compact camera with me, especially during the holidays (my DSLR camera was a bit 'too far... it was on the beach in the bag :-)), so I pulled out my compact with a feline gesture and I managed to snap some photos at the Google car before seeing it vanish away between the curves of the Elba Island :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More